Google
 

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Pork Menudo - Want some?




Im not a good cook,in fact even when i got married,fried egg and boiled water were my expertise....lol.that's true,now,thinking about it,makes me shy....lol.but eversince i became a single parent,i learned how to cook coz there's no one that i can depend upon but myself.although my mother is just steps away,i want to learn how to cook for my son and for my future husband Joe,and im determined to do it.so with the help of my mother and my friend Gina,who's patient enough to teach me how.We always go together to market after sending our kids to school(her son and mine go to the same school)and most of the time,im cooking whatever food she will cook for that day...lol.and if im home and i fogot how to do it,she's just a fone all away.sometimes it was my mother that i asked but i get shy coz she and my siblings are teasing me about my cooking hihihi.

now im proud of myself that im able to cook menudo,before,i thought it was hard but when i tried it,i found it easy and fun and mind you,my Menudo tastes good.Wanna have some? Just take a look and imagine how yummy it is....lol

Ingredients:

1/2 kilo Pork (bite size)
1/4 kilo pork liver (bite size)
1 medium size Carrot cut into strips
2-3 medium size potato
1 pc. red bell pepper
small pack tomato sauce
soy sauce
pinch of fine black pepper
garlic
1 onion
3-5pcs calamansi extract


Procedure:

In a casserole,marinate pork with soy sauce,calamansi extract and a pinch of fine black pepper(depends how much u want) set aside.After sometime cook it in a medium fire,add the liver after 15 minutes and let it simmer again.in another pan,sautee' minced garlic and finely chopped onion and mix it with the pork,add the potato cubes and carrots(chopped into bite size)wait til it gets tender.add the tomato sauce and red bell pepper,let it simmer again for 10 minutes til it's cooked.
Note:

Like what i've said,im just a newbie when it comes to cooking,if there's something that i forgot,please let me know and ill be glad to remember it the next time. and oh,dont forget to taste what u cook hehehe...
I also encourage everyone to share your recipes.Thanks ^_^

Til next time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow it looks good,ur pretty and cook wow!

Bits and Pieces said...

thanks honey.i'm looking forward to cook for u so you'll love me even more.:-)

Anonymous said...

Whenever I looked at the pic i am salivating,, good thing this morning my mom cooked menudo too..hehehehehe keep up the good work....

ano kaya mairequest na aralin mong lutuin?? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bits and Pieces said...

Thanks to your mom for cooking menudo today otherwise you'll end up knocking at my door...lol.

sure,feel free to request and i'll do my best to cook it...whew! ^_~