Google
 

Monday, October 29, 2007

Barangay Election

Yesterday,after i went to the market,me and my mother went out to vote to exercise our rights.There were many people walking down the street,familiar,strange faces,they are everywhere,oh and there are lots of policemen but most of them are sitting in the corner of a store hehehe.was there a traffic?of course!That's why we just walked.

In front of the school,there were people who were blocking the way,giving out flyers of their candidates,those from my place attempted to give me flyers but i chose not to get it.why?what for?no matter how i memorized their names,i dont know those people.those are the ones that i have just seen during the campaign but who are they anyways?i was asked by my mother along the way whom shall i vote for a barangay captain,i told her i'll just cross it and leave it that way,she told me to vote for her candidate,i told her i dont know him and for me he's not qualified,she grunts but she didnt say any word anymore coz she knew me.

Inside the precinct,i immediately looked for my name and went inside,the assigned teachers gave me my ballot and i quietly went to a corner and started writing.i just voted for 3 people for Kagawad,those 3 that i carefully chosen and i know that are capable with their duties if they'll win.although I knew them eversince I was a kid,I also knew that they're the ones that our Barangay could depend upon whether they're a public servant or not.

And last night,at about 7pm,there was a parade, a man was holding a megaphone announcing who won being a Barangay Chairman together with the new Kagawads.They're all happy.The 3 people that i voted werent included and they didnt win.but it's ok.i know even if they didnt make it,they can still help other people and our Barangay.

To those who won,i congratulate them,for having the position,and for being one of those people from the government.....CORRUPT!

But I still hope they could make a difference so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt....hmmmm!

4 comments:

crazed_heck said...

salamat sa linking...papalitan ko nlng yung nama para malagay ko title ng blog...

have a good day!

Bheng said...

you're welcome.thanks too.

john be anonymous said...

you did the right thing, you voted, marami kase ang binabale wala lang to, and you voted wisely, at mas marami ang hindi ginagawa to.. very nice.. :)

Bits and Pieces said...

Hey John,thanks for dropping by.yup,if we're given a chance to use our rights,use it WISELY,coz most of the time we're asking for our rights tapos babalewalain lang natin,useless db?hope to see here more often.