Google
 

Saturday, November 10, 2007

What's in a NAME




I remember the song of "America" - The Horse with No Name. Of course there are animals that we knew only of their kinds but not all of them has a "given" name .Can u imagine or do you know a person without a name?All of us has a name,even before we were born,our parents already prepared a name for us,whether it's a boy or a girl.and it's a right of every child to be given a name.So every person has a birth certificate with their names written on it.

I guess during my parents time,they were not so particular regarding the spelling that was written on my Birth Certificate since i had a hard time the first time that i applied for a passport coz there were errors on it.and just a few weeks ago,per RA9048.i had to gather all documents that it needed to have my name changed from the name that was written on my BC to the name that i've been using since i started going to school,and had it published in a newspaper for 2 consecutive weeks then wait for 45working days to have it finally done.Mind you,It wasnt that easy!

And speaking of Birth Certificate,most of the time,whether we will apply for a job or going abroad,Authenticated BC from NSO are required.

So, have you imagined going to National Statistics Office and wait for a long lines of people that are waiting to be served?I am just living in Manila and it's just easy for me to go back and forth there but still I found it very tiring,how about those who live in the provinces?Sometimes if you'll get lucky,you'll get a negative result,or you have to come back for another day.

But I'm glad nowadays there are some improvements because now you can just apply to NSO near your place or you can just call their hotline and it will be delivered on your footsteps just after a few days.
See! at least we're improving! Only I hope it will improve more!more and more! :p



No comments: