Google
 

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Have a Blessed Sunday!

Sunday is often dedicate by going to church for religious people like Catholics, I used to hear mass every Sunday but i can't do it anymore.I Even missed attending masses being held at my son's school, they're required to hear mass every first and second Sundays of the month,it's always officiated either by their school director or the priest assigned to their school.But i believe that praying cant just be done inside the church, we can pray anytime and anywhere and that's what im doing most of the time and with all sincerity and from the heart.

I can still remember a prayer entitled NO TIME, i first heard it when i attended a retreat at Don Bosco Batulao during my first year of teaching. it goes like this.....

I knelt to pray but not for long
I had too much to do,
Must hurry off and get to work
For bills will soon be due.

And so I said a hurried prayer,
Jump up from off my knees,
My Christian duty now is done
My soul could be at ease.

All through the day i had no time
To speak a word of cheer,
No time to speak of Christ to friends
They'd laugh at me I feared.

No time, no time, too much too do:
That was my constant cry,
No time to give to those in need
At last 't'was time to die.

And when before the Lord I came,
I stood with downcast eyes,
Within His hands He held a book
It was the Book of Life.

He looked into the book and said,
"Your name I cannot find,
I once was going to write it down
But never found the time".

Let us find time to talk to God,He's always there to listen,to give us a hand when we need it the most.His love is never ending.....

1 comment:

Chant said...

wahhh I can't forget the first time I encounter this poem, so touching :)